Vulnerability research and exploitation
Within Synacktiv, the reverse engineering division is responsible for the execution of three main families of missions:
- Reverse engineering of products for safety assessments;
- Research and exploitation of vulnerabilities identified in these products;
- The design and development of reverse engineering support tools.
Vulnerability research and exploitation can be carried out on various systems and architectures, with or without source code and often on complex targets.
The missions of pure reverse engineering consist in the study of complex programs to understand their functionalities, document them and sometimes reimplement them. It can be a first step towards a search for vulnerability or an end in itself.
Finally, the design and development of tools cover a wide spectrum such as fuzzers or the automation and simplification of certain recurring tasks identified in the cluster. It can be low level development in assembler and C (implants, hooks, instrumentation, etc.) as high level in JS and Python (Frida snippets, fuzzer orchestrator, visualization of the state of the heap, etc.) .
As part of the reverse engineering pole, you will be responsible for the execution of missions belonging, according to your skills and your appetite, to one or more of the families described above.
The profile sought is as follows:
- Experience (professional or not) in the research and exploitation of vulnerabilities as well as reverse engineering;
- Interest in research and development of innovative techniques and tools.
The following experiences would be a plus:
- Experience in studying obfuscated binaries;
- Participation in open source projects oriented reverse engineering or exploitation;
- CTF successes and challenges;
- Mastery of several architectures and systems;
- Knowledge of electronics.
- Important player in security in France;
- Team made up of recognized experts (and others who prefer to stay in their area);
- High level technical missions;
- Knowledge sharing within the team;
- Young and dynamic team.
To be discussed depending on experience, with a minimum of € 40,800 gross per year. Bonus depending on results.
À discuter en fonction de l'expérience, avec un minimum de 43 200€ brut par an. Bonus selon les résultats.
Poste basé à Paris dans le 2ᵉ arrondissement (métro Grands Boulevards) ou dans un des pôles de province (Lyon, Rennes, Toulouse). Télétravail complet sous conditions.
Merci d'envoyer votre demande à email@example.com.